Adobe PDF: HOW TO GET ADOBE TO READ ANY DOCUMENT OUT LOUD TO YOU
EVERY Adobe PDF document (any document ending with a dot pdf, as in .PDF) can be read out loud to you if you have a hard time seeing it. PDF also is the safest, most widely used document and book format for technical documents, legal documents and many more. It also is FREE, and almost every computer, tablet, e-reader and smart phone now comes with the FREE "Adobe Acrobat Reader" which is the software program that READS PDFs to you FREE. All you do is CLICK ON THE PDF DOCUMENT AND IT SHOULD OPEN AUTOMATICALLY. If it does not, you might need to install Adobe acrobat reader on your devices. The NEW install link (FREE) is HERE and the newest version works on ALL devices, including smart phones, smart TVs, tablets, e-book readers and many more. We also convert ANY book or document you want to listen to into PDF for you FREE when you join free.
NOW, once you get your FREE reader in the link above, here's what you do:
1. Open the PDF Document, article or e-book by single or double clicking it.
2. Click on the little "VIEW" tab/menu at the top left of the document
3. HOVER over READ OUT LOUD at the bottom of the VIEW menu
4. Move RIGHT while hovering and CLICK ACTIVATE READ OUT LOUD
(IF you only use keystrokes and not a mouse, you can do ALL those steps in just one step: SHIFT-CONTROL-Y).
5. Take your mouse away briefly, then go back to view/read out loud, and you'll now see two options: read only this page, or read to the end of the document. Pick whichever you like. OR if you only use keys, This page only is SHIFT-CONTROL-V and read entire document is SHIFT-CONTROL-B.
That's all there is to it! Every time you want to stop, restart, etc. you need to go back to view-->read out loud and you'll see the choices immediately. NOTE: there is a slight delay before reading starts, and a little audio bar comes up, so be patient!
To change settings, volume, etc.
Of course you can change volume right on your device. But to "FINE TUNE" the PDF Audio Reader, do this:
1. Go to the EDIT tab at the top left of your PDF document
2. Select PREFERENCES
3. Look at the Left Preferences Menu and select READING.
4. You can then set ORDER, VOLUME, PITCH AND WORD SPEED (how fast the computer voice reads to you). That's it!
Try it NOW, with this very web page! (When a new window opens, either choose open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, or just click the download link to get it FREE) --->
We've converted this page to PDF so you can TRY the above for yourself as an exercise. Just CLICK the LITTLE PDF ICON on the right to give it a try! Remember, wait a minute for her to start reading to you---->
COMING SOON: TechnaCast, Baha'iCast, EducatorCast and EDUBroadcasting.com redirect here. Our educational, music and other materials will soon be online and ON THE AIR via radio, tv, podcasts, webinars and many other accessible media, including tablets, smartphones and regular broadcast. STAY TUNED!